Monday, December 6, 2010

Taco Soup - warms you from the inside!

Oh the weather outside is frightful...but the some soup would be delightful.  Okay, I just made that one up, but it's totally true! Taco soup is one of our favorites because it's easy and tasty and it freezes pretty well if you make too much.  Also, it only takes one pot!

1 lb ground turkey or ground beef
1 can black beans drained
2 cans diced tomatoes drained
2 package of taco seasoning
1 46 ounce can of V8 juice
1 can white shoepeg corn drained

Brown the meat with a little bit of oil in the bottom of your soup pot.  Drain the excess liquid.  Open all your cans and dump everything in the soup pot including the taco seasoning.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.  Salt to taste.  I serve this with corn bread or tortilla chips depending on how much time I have. 

1 comment:

  1. I love taco soup. I will most definitely be trying your recipe!

    ReplyDelete